IMAGE New Mexico 2013: Closed
Thank you for your interest & participation.
Here are the winners, in alphabetical order: Adabel Allen, David Antreasian, Jo Antreasian, David Bennett, Dona Bollard, Jan Brookshier, Steven Bundy, Sterling Coke, Audrey Connolly, Al Garber, George Gibson, Mellany Herrera, Susan Hillyard, Steven Jackson, Chris James, Joe Justad, Linda Laitner, Fred Link, Barbara Lloyd, Marie Maher, Lee Manning, Jane Rosemont, Harold Ross, Paula Scott (image, above), Dan Shaffer, John Simmons, Dee Smart, Stephen Strom, Hernan Vazquez, Kimber Wallwork-Heineman, Ansley West. Thank you one and all, and congratulations!
Click here to be taken to the Gallery Show page.
Jurors: Brigitte Carnochan, Cat Jimenez, Robert Farber (click on names for more info)
Awards: Juror’s Choice Awards; People’s Choice Award; Best of Show, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and five Honorable Mentions. 35-40 images will be accepted for the exhibition.
• Santa Fe Workshops: Weekend Intensive ($575)
• Think Tank Photo: Airport 4-Sight ($249.75) + City Walker 10 ($124.75)
• Eyeist: Gift Certificate for a Live Portfolio Review ($200)
• O’Reilly Books: Gift Certificate ($100)
• Lensbaby: Composer Pro w/Double Glass ($300) + Sweet 35 Optic ($180)
• ArtBiz Blog: I’d rather be in the studio (book, $25)
• Red River Photo Paper: Gift Certificate ($100)
• Paul Dorrell: Living the Artist’s Life ($14.95, book)
• All work selected by the Jurors will be exhibited at Matrix Fine Art.
• All exhibited works will be presented on the Matrix webpage, www.matrixfineart.com and www.reddognews.com for the duration of the show.
• The exhibition will be promoted in local, state, and national press.
• April 22, 2013: Entry deadline. Entries must be received by email midnight April 22.
• May 9, 2013: Notification emails will be sent to finalists.
• May 29-June 1, 2013: Accepted work must be hand delivered to Matrix on these dates. Photographers who live outside the Albuquerque area will be given shipping instructions when accepted. Artists who have a scheduling conflict can make arrangements to drop off work prior to these dates. Works delivered after 6 PM, June 1, will not be exhibited; the artist’s name will be dropped from the show.
• June 1-7, 2013: Exhibition preview
• June 7, 2013: Opening Reception from 5–8 PM. Accepted artists are encouraged to be present for the reception.
• July 13, 2013: Last day of show.
• July 14-17, 2013: Any unsold work must be picked up from the gallery on these dates.
• All works selected by the jurors for the exhibition must be hand delivered, or shipped according to the following directions, on the dates indicated in the “Important Dates” section of this document. If you need to ship your prints, please contact and send them to either Pat Berrett (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tim Anderson (email@example.com) at 4730 Jefferson St. NE Suite E, Albuquerque 87109, to arrive no later than May 30, 2013.
• No substitutions for accepted artworks. All pieces must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
• All works must be recently produced (from 2009-2013) and available for sale.
• In the case that an artwork is sold by Matrix Fine Art during the exhibition, the artist will receive 50% of the retail price and Matrix Fine Art will retain a commission of 50% of the retail price. All works must be priced by the artist, and will be sold as-is (i.e. including the frame and as presented in the exhibition).
• Works exhibited at Matrix Fine Art are insured for the wholesale value of the artwork.
Presentation and Size:
• Two-dimensional/wall-hung works may measure a maximum of 24 inches wide, including frame.
• Two-dimensional works must be delivered in ready-to-hang condition, and are defined by Matrix Fine Art as:
1. Having a wire of appropriate composition and weight attached to a set of D-rings mounted at one third of the distance down the length of the side of the artwork. Please, do not use eye-screws.
2. Works on stretcher bars must either have clean edges, or be gallery wrapped or framed; 3. Works on paper, photographic or otherwise, must be framed in an archival manner and dust-sealed. They must be matted white or off-white, or have spacers if the work is floated. They must be framed in either black wood or black metal of professional quality and in good condition; no plastic or temporary frames will be accepted.
Matrix Fine Art reserves the right to refuse work for exhibition if the presentation does not meet the above criteria.
If you are shipping work from a location out of Albuquerque you may ship un-mounted unframed work and we will matte and frame it for you here for a small fee if it is standard sizes. You must still cover the costs of shipping the print both ways if it does not sell.
By submitting work for jurying, artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition grant Red Dog News and Matrix Fine Art the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing and promoting the exhibition. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation. Artist’s recognition is provided with use.
Acceptance of Terms:
By submitting for jurying, artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition accept all terms and conditions set forth in this “Call for Entry” by Red Dog News.