Well, thanks for your patience if you tried to access RedDogNews.com this past Wednesday. I was in and out of it on many occasions doing some back-end cleanup in an effort to make the site cleaner and much more user friendly.
Most of the work had to do with downloading a new WordPress theme and working on the Red Dog News Galleries. Over the next few weeks I will be doing additional maintenance, but that will be behind the scenes and you shouldn’t “feel” a thing.
During the last part of 2013, I contemplated releasing an online magazine. I did a lot of preliminary work and research. Even though the results of such research was very positive, I decided against the project at this time. I really didn’t want to dive into something else that would take away time from my primary projects at this time.
I also want to devote more time to Red Dog News, the newsletter as well as the site. So much more can be done to enhance them both in an effort to create much more value to readers. Some of the projects that I will be incorporating in 2014 include:
• More timely book reviews
• Weekly updates on great affiliate offers
• Periodic guest essays on the status of photography from industry leaders
• More selected guest posts (like the previous post from Karin Hillmer)
• Much more promotion in an effort to add readers to the free issue of Red Dog News
• Incorporate a paid subscription section with valuable and timely exclusive content
As always, if you have anything to add to the mix be sure and contact me, here.