A couple of weeks ago I sent out the Red Dog News 2013 Survey to see what Red Dog News readers liked best about the almost six year-old, bi-weekly publication that is read in more than 125 countries. More than 150 people have responded to date, which gave Red Dog News about a 13% response rate, which is very high for this type of survey.
Here are some of the results:
• 45% have been subscribers for more than three years
• 47% like the variety of content offered
• 41% like to read general photography news and tips
• 33% do not have a favorite online photography magazine
• Lens Culture was voted the most popular online magazine
• 95% like Red Dog News just the way it is
A few of you listed things you didn’t like about Red Dog News
• Too long (I’m working on that)
• Too many ads (I need the money!)
• Confusion between Red Dog News and RedDogNews.com
(Red Dog News is the newsletter, and RedDogNews.com is the website)
• The layout ( a change is under consideration)
• Not being able to read it offline ( I fixed that)
As we slide into 2014 I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a great 2013, and I look forward to an even better 2014! I would especially like to thank all the respondents to the Red Dog News 2013 Survey, especially those who voiced their ideas for an even better Red Dog News in 2014.
Be well, and have a great one!