Welcome to the First Annual Red Dog News Photographic 12 Days Until Christmas
Each day I will post another gift suggestion for the photographer(s) in your life. Most gifts will be very inexpensive, with one or two overly expensive gifts offered just because.
I hope you enjoy the Red Dog News 12 Days Until Christmas:
12. The $100 Startup (book, $23)
11. Think Tank Photo Hubba Hubba Hiney Camera Pouch ($49.75)
10. Hoodman Hoodloupe ($79.95)
9. Photgraphing Shadow and Light (book, $20)
8. 100 Figure Studies (Ebook, PDF, $10)
7. I’d rather be in the studio, Alyson Stanfield (book, $25)
6. GoDaddy (URL registration, Website host)
5. Studio Lighting for the Photographer, Roger Baker ($5 pdf only)
When it comes to lighting, the basic principles are the same, whether your light source is a candle, an incandescent light bulb, a flash unit, or the sun.
• How can you tell where light is coming from?
• How can you tell how hard or soft the light is?
• How does distance affect lighting?
• What should the color of the background be?
All these and more questions are answered in this great little 14-page book with illustrations to support the very informative text.